Mahtomedi Beach to Reopen July 10th
Mahtomedi Beach will reopen July 10th with public health measures in place to slow the spread of COVID-19. The reopening aligns with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Health.
For the health and safety of yourself and others:
• Follow all posted rules. Lifeguard will be on duty from Noon to 7:00 p.m.
• Stay home if you are sick or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 such asfever, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath.
• Beach capacity is limited to 100 visitors at any one time. If the beach is at capacity, try another time and beach staff will have the authority to turn people away.
• Keep your distance. Maintain at least six feet between yourself and others at all times.
• Wear a cloth mask when not in the water. Since beaches can be difficult places to maintain social distancing at all times, adults and children ages 2 and up are encouraged to wear a mask.
• Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or sleeve and not your hand.
• Wash or sanitize hands frequently.
• Restrooms will be open and cleaned and sanitized daily.
• Dock is for lifeguard use only.
If these guidelines are not maintained, the beach will be closed.