Absentee Voting for the General Election
Ballot Drop Off:
When dropping off other people's ballots, you must show a photo ID and sign a log. You can only drop off 3 ballots for others plus your own during this entire election cycle. September 18 - November 2: Ballots can be dropped off at any of the five locations listed in "Absentee In-Person"
On Election Day, November 3, voted absentee ballots must be dropped off at the Washington County Gov't Center before 3PM.
- Ballots should not be left in any drop boxes located outside county offices.
- Absentee ballots cannot be dropped off at polling places on Election Day.
Absentee In-Person: In person absentee voting will run through November 2 at the below locations:
- Monday - Friday, 8AM - 4:30PM
- October 31, Saturday, 8AM - 3PM
- November 2, Monday, 8AM - 5PM
- Cottage Grove Service Center, 13000 Ravine Pkwy, Cottage Grove
- Oakdale City Hall, 1584 Hadley Ave N, Oakdale
- Headwaters Service Center, 19955 Forest Rd N, Forest Lake
- Washington County Gov’t Center, 14949 62nd St N, Stillwater
- Woodbury Central Park/RH Stafford Library, Lower Level, 8595 Central Park Place, Woodbury, MN
**White Bear Lake 2-4 residents must vote at a Ramsey County absentee location.
Absentee Voting Information:
To be eligible to vote in Minnesota, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old on Election Day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
- Have any felony conviction record discharged, expired, or completed
- Not be under court-ordered guardianship in which a court has revoked your voting rights
- Not have been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law
Absentee Voting Reminders:
- Voters are encouraged to submit absentee ballot applications early.
- The earliest a ballot will be mailed to you is 46 days prior to Election Day.
- Allow enough time to complete the application, have your ballot mailed to you, vote your ballot, and return it to Washington County via mail so it is received by Election Day.
- You cannot drop off your voted ballot at your precinct on Election Day.
For more information or to apply for an absentee ballot to be mailed, see https://www.co.washington.mn.us/670/Absentee-Voting
Absentee Voting FAQ (PDF)