The 2021 construction season is underway! The Contractor is scheduled to begin construction within the Quail Street, Spruce Street, Rose Street, and Tamarack Street portion of the project the week of May 3rd. Improvements along East Shore Drive will be scheduled following the utility construction along the Quail Street, Spruce Street, Rose Street, and Tamarack Street. The following items are anticipated to take place the week of May 3rd:
- Installation of temporary water in anticipation of watermain replacement. Once the temporary watermain is in place, the Contractor will coordinate directly with property owners to disconnect for the existing watermain and connect into the temporary watermain. Property owners will be on the temporary watermain until the newly installed main is operational.
- Installation of erosion control.
- Installation of temporary mailboxes near 38 Briarwood Avenue. The contractor will let property owners know once mail delivery is transferred to the temporary location. Property owners will continue to retrieve their mail from the temporary location for the duration of the project.
- Roadway pavement removals along Spruce Street, Rose Street, and Tamarack Street.
Please note: working hours for the City of Mahtomedi are 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Friday and 8:00AM to 5:00 PM on Saturdays. There will likely be times that access through the project area will be limited to accommodate construction operations. Please be patient and allow for additional time when driving through the project.
STAKING ON THE PROJECT
Stakes set within the project boundaries tell the contractor where new pipe and drainage structures go for the storm sewer and watermain. This includes where manholes must be raised or lowered and hydrants moved. Stakes are marked with pink paint or ribbon and are offset from the actual pipe or structure.
Please be careful not to disturb the stakes or move them from their original locations.
TIPS OF THE WEEK
- Please observe posted detour and warning signs
- Please do not park vehicles on streets under construction
- Slow down and watch for uneven surfaces
- Stay alert! Watch for signs, equipment, and workers
- Please remind children to stay away from the construction site, equipment, and stockpile of materials
Onsite Project Representative: Dylan Casey 612.283.7466
Project Manager: Nick Guilliams 651.286.8468